Altitude is a specialist bicycle and outdoor retailer based in
Waterford City, Ireland.
Established since 1989, our ethos is to supply top quality
products at fair prices and provide the best customer service and support.
Our team of staff is made up of highly experienced cyclists,
hikers and skiers who will do their best to pass on their expertise to help you
make the right choice in whatever product you are interested in. There are no
sales targets in Altitude and no commission for sales staff, our job is to
give our customers the benefit of our knowledge and experience to help them
make the right decision for them.
At Altitude we believe in supporting the community that supports
us. That’s why every year we support a variety of sports clubs, events and
community projects through financial donation or equipment sponsorship.
Our online store stocks some of the biggest bicycle
- Cannondale: Our newest bicycle brand and exclusive to Altitude
(outside of Dublin). Cannondale were founded in 1971. Today, Cannondale
produces many different types of high-end bicycles specialising in aluminium
(rather than steel or titanium) and carbon fibre frames. We have a selection of
their road bikes for both men and women and are one of only two Cannondale
stockists based in Ireland.
- Giant: Founded in 1972 to create better bikes and improve the cycling
experience, Giant has become the world’s leading brand of quality bicycles. At
Altitude, we stock a range of Giant bikes in the hybrid, mountain and road
categories of bike. We also stock a selection of their electric bikes.
- KTM: Famous for their motorcycles, KTM started producing bicycles in 1964.
They have gone onto become a globally recognised brand for their quality and
unique colour schemes of orange, black and silver. We offer a selection of
their road bikes.
- Scott: Dating back to 1958, Scott is a producer of bicycles, winter equipment,
motorsports gear and sportswear. Known for product innovations such as the
clip-on aerodynamic handlebar and the first suspension fork named “Unishock”,
Scott have become a world leader in innovation and quality products. At
Altitude, we stock a range of Scott hybrid, mountain and road bikes.
- Trek: When Trek began in 1976, their mission was to build the best bikes in
the world. They still support this mission today in their hybrid, road and
mountain categories of bikes which we all offer at Altitude.
We also offer some of the best outdoor brands including:
- Animal: Founded in 1987 by two surfers, Animal is a UK action sports lifestyle brand that has gone onto produce action sports inspired clothing, technical outerwear, watches and accessories which are all stocked by Altitude. Animal boasts an extensive team of riders in each of its core sports who test and tweak products to ensure they provide the best performance they can
- Columbia: One of our biggest and best brands, Columbia Sportswear was founded in
1938 as a small, family owned hat distributor. Today, Columbia is a globally
recognised brand for its quality products and innovative technologies. They’re
constantly innovating to create the best outdoor products in each category.
From Omni-Heat to keep you warm, to OutDry to keep you 100% dry, Columbia are
at the forefront of the newest and best methods to help you in whatever outdoor
pursuit you’re involved in. At Altitude, we stock many products from Columbia
including waterproofs, soft shells, base layers and footwear.
- The North Face: Established in 1968 in San Francisco, The North Face has become a
globally recognised and well-known brand specialising in many outdoor products.
Altitude is the only stockist of The North Face in Waterford City and is our
most popular outdoor brand. A range of warm jackets, soft shells and fleeces
are all available for both men and women.